Monday 3 March 2014

Animation On Photoshop





How to do this animation.

Once we opened the file in photoshop you have to go to window -> Timeline. If it is not already there then a timeline will open at the bottom of photoshop this is where you can start your animation.

The first thing we had to do is duplicate the file on the timeline 6 times. On the first one we made it so that all was there was the number 3 and the rocket, we then on the second added the number 2, third one added number 1, forth one we added the text "launch" and the fifth one we added the fire underneath the rocket. The sixth one I duplicated again and on the duplicated file I moved the rocket to the top so it looked like it had taken off. I then clicked on the normal sixth file and clicked on the Tweens tool. I then chose how many files I wanted between the rocket taking off and the rocket being high up. I chose 12 and this made it look like it was going up in the air and not jumping. I then realised my Clip was too long and it was taken to much time for the count down and for the rocket to get into the air. I clicked on the first file and held "Shift" and clicked on the last file. I then clicked on the little drop down arrow on the file itself and changed the time length.

To save it, I went to file - Save for web, left all the settings the same apart from the colours which I changed from 258 to 64. I then clicked save and chose  where I wanted to save it.


My Own Animation.






Creating a GIF from a video clip.

To create a GIF from a video clip is really quite simple. All you need to do is click on "File" then go to "Import" then click on "Video Frames to Layers"
You will then need to choose the clip that you want to make a GIF from and once you have opened it, it will pop up with a box. You then want to tick the box next to "Limit Frames" and keep the number as 2. 

On the right side of the box it will have your video clip and arrows and a time bar underneath, here you can choose what part of the clip you want to use as the GIF and cut out parts you dont want and shorten the clip.








No comments:

Post a Comment